Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Background - Ink Resist

2011 Easter Holidays are almost history and I spent almost all of the holidays in my craft room. My excuse "I have to study for my June exams" this kept everyone away from me for a while.


My First card was done by playing around with my favourite Rangers Distress ink.  I stamped the flower image - you will notice I'm not really a flower person because I only know roses and carnations - with versamark embossing ink and clear embossing powder and dried it with a heat gun-  inked over the images with distress inks. In this instance I used mustard seed and spiced marmalade at the bottom and tumbled glass at the top to give it a sky affect.

Then using a paper towel just wiped over the card to bring out the white images. The sentiment and birds and dragon fly were stamped with black ink and an orange ribbon was tied around the card.

Perfect! not much effort but sure looks fine... what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment