Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

ATC Easel

I've been spending quite a few "hours" on pinterest and found the most amazing card ever...an Easel ATC so today I decided to try one and this is what it looks like


This is such a wonderful idea because the ATC can be used as a mini card depending how it is decorated...

This was my first try and I absolutely love it.

You will need the following:
2 pieces of card stock that measure as follows:


1) The ATC is standard at 2.5" by 3.5" 
(please don't look at the straightness of my paper - once again - these tools are just not working straight ... 



 2) The base is 2,5" wide by 7" long - I think it is 6.5cm wide by 18cm long - I do however stand to correction - conversions or any form of math was never my strong point.



3) Score the 2.5" x 7" piece at 1.75" and again at 3.5". Fold each of them so they are "valley folds"



The ATC is decorated any way you want to. In this one - I used a clear embossing stamp pad and stamped the scroll onto the ATC and embossed with gold ink.  The lady was stamped with Dark Peony Chalk ink and added some gold perfect pearls with a light spray of water to set the pearls. She was then cut out and added onto the ATC with foam pads.

I did the same scroll on the Easel base and added the sentiment with foam pads. The ATC base is then taped to the Easel base - exactly the same way as an Easel Card -  and Bob's your uncle.

Here is what the ATC looks like from the side....


....and a close up of the lady in pink with the embossed background...


I loved it so much I tried another one with pattern paper 

On this card you can actually see how bad my tools are especially my trimmer ..it's just not cutting straight at all - I really need to invest in another trimmer....

I obviously had to try my favourite technique as well - Distressed inks!!!


This one was made as a "one layer" ATC Easel - i just had to add the sentiment as a separate piece to hold up the ATC itself - on after thought I could have used a button or some kind of embellishment instead of the cut out sentiment to hold up the ATC.  The ATC and Easel base were distressed with Broken China, Ripe Persimmon and peeled paint distress inks and a little bit of Pearl mist and water.

The images were stamped with Walnut Stain, Black Soot and Ripe Persimmon. 

If you look closely you can see the shine of the Perfect Pearl mist...really pretty...

I hope you will try it and I guarantee you will enjoy making the Easel ATC as much I did...

4 comments: