Susan,one of the ladies of the RSA stamping group proposed a challenge where she would provide us with a theme or template to make a card each month. The advantage of this swap is that we save on postage and we don't have to post but rather load the card onto the group site. This is to encourage us to make as many or as little cards as you want to every month. I thought it was a brilliant idea. The joy of this challenge is that you can either join in or just enjoy everybody else's creative work.
The January challenge was to use butterflies on your cards. I have a few butterfly stamps but can never think of how I can use them on my cards...so tricky but exciting...
First attempt
I used a Sizzix embossing folder and a Hero Arts sentiment. The embossed butterflies are very stylish so not much work had to be done. I did however add some mini pearls and a gold peel off border.
2nd Card.
I absolutely love this card. I made another twisted easel card.... I stamped,coloured the butterflies which was adhered to the card with foam pads to give them some dimension. The flowers and pots are from Flower soft and the sentiment is from a local stamping shop. I really love this card, you have to see it in person to enjoy it. My photos are a bit crappy - taken with my cell phone - camera still broken....
3rd Card
This is also a lovely card - I'm really beginning to impress myself with some of my cards...lol. Pattern paper was adhered to the white card stock. The circles were cut with my round nestabilities. I stamped the plain circle with tapestry stamps and Tim Holtz distress inks. The background was coloured with distress strain. The butterfly was stamped, coloured with distress inks and cut out. I added some glossy accents and adhered to the circle with foam pads. Added the hero arts sentiment and ribbon.
I really enjoyed doing this because you keep your cards and it forces you to think outside of your box.
Cant wait for next months challenge....in the meantime I'm still making more butterfly cards which I will share at a later stage.



No comments:
Post a Comment