Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Masterboard with Colour Wash and Templates

Today I would like to share with you how I used my Adirondack color Wash sprays for the first time.  I created master boards which I can use either on a scrap page or make a selection of cards...refer to my previous post on Masterboards
Sunset Orange and Meadow Adirondack Color Wash and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist

Meadow and Sunset Orange Adirondack Color Wash and Distress Inks

Everything I have - Sunset Orange, Meadow Purple Twilight Color Wash and Heirloom Bloom Perfect Pearls Mist
What I used:


1. Template
2. Water or Mixed Media Paper
3. Adirondack Color Wash
4. Mini Mister
5. Paper Towel

I placed the butterfly template onto mixed media paper (I find that this absorbs the color wash better).  I tried it on plain card stock as well and it worked perfectly...


 I sprayed the meadow, Sunset orange and Sailboat blue color wash randomly. Should you wish you could spray a little water to lighten and spread the colors more. You can also add some Perfect Pearls Mist to give it a bit oomph...hahaha... I suppose you could do anything really.  Your master board - Your choice. Once the wash is sprayed all over, you could use the paper towel just to dry up the wash a little if it is a bit too much.


Once you happy with the background on the board, remove stencil and Bob's your uncle.

You can then either make a photo copy of your master board on any type of card stock or glossy paper to cut up any way you want or use the original.  By making a photocopy you will always have the original board which can be used again and again.

Here are a few examples of what I did with the one Board:

 Its only obvious that I would try an ATC Easel  See Here which is my going favourite at the moment.I cut pieces from the card stock which I used for the background of the ATC as well as for the bottom part of the Easel.  Stamped a sentiment on Orange card stock and adhered to the bottom of the easel.  The butterflies were cut out with a Martha Stewart punch and glued onto the ATC.  Added a  few bling and Bob's your uncle.


I used a full image of a butterfly for the card,added ribbon, a flower and a sentiment


My Tag or rather my "latest"bookmark -  I stamped the chair, cut it out onto creamy beige paper, inked it a little with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink and adhered it to the tag with foam pads together with the sentiment.  Added a  ribbon and there you have a perfect bookmark....

I will post other examples of creations I make with the completed boards once I have time to actually do them.  I hope you enjoyed the visit and thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment