Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Embossed Cards

OH My Word - Time's flying and there are just not enough hours in the day to get through everything - work, home and playing....

This week we had a storm of note - with floods all over and ridiculous traffic that had me stuck on the road almost half the day trying to get from client to client.. it seems as if people just cant drive when the skies open up.  We had more than 200 accidents in one week - can you believe it - I missed a few, which seems I have a little Protection Angel driving with me.

Susan, one of the ladies in the RSA Group hosts a swap every month where she gives us an opportunity to do some crafting - or rather forces you to do "something". I joined the first few months and then life got in the way. The August challenge was using your Cuttelbug....

I must be honest, I just didn't have the time until Susan told us in a no nonsense voice that she will not be hosting anything this year because she is tired of playing alone..... I felt so guilty and thought this would be an ideal opportunity to get some overdue birthday cards done at the same time.

So here is my contribution to the August swap:

My first Birthday card I used two embossing folders - the background folder is from Sizzix (Tim Holtz Alterations) and the Oval shape is from "Forever Friends".  The Butterfly is from Marianne design and the little flower from Joy Crafts. The roses were die cut from "Die-namics" Ribbon and a little heart charm added to give it some bling.  Regrettably no stamping but I can always stamp a little message inside....

I really loved this card purely because I used "stuff" I bought months ago and never used...always a plus...The Joy Die is my absolute favourite in the way it embosses.



The second birthday card - I used an embossing folder from Craft Concepts - my new favourite Joy Design die and my brand new butterfly set from TPC Studio which was stamped, embossed, cut and adhered with 3D foam.  A few pearls added and Bob's your uncle.  Rather pretty hey Nige?

Last but not least and probably my 2nd favourite:

Embossing folder from Sizzix - which is the bottom part of the card and the top was from a |Marianne Design die. The Stamp Sentiment is from Penny Black - Free Flight stamp set. 

I must admit I really enjoyed making these cards and should the truth be told it was very quick and easy because of the dies and Embossing folders - something I rarely use because I tend to want to ink everything....

Funny enough just in this week Rosemarie and I discussed dies and embossing folders and I told her I don't have a lot of dies because I'm just too lazy to cut them out.  Well my 3 cards certainly changed my mind and I will have to find some money to get more dies.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you love my cards as much I loved making them.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment