Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Distress Inks

I love my distress inks....I don't have the full set yet, but believe me, I'm working on it....

I haven't played with my inks for a long time and decided it was time to get my hands dirty.

Acrylic Block Stamping

 This card was made with my brand new stamp set from Hampton Art.  I used a square acrylic stamping block and inked the bottom half with wild honey distress ink and the top with Broken China, sprayed some water and stamped onto white card stock.  The balloons were stamped and cut out and adhered with foam pads.  The sentiment is from Penny Black


Water based distress

This one, I used the summer collection -swiped  picked raspberry and salty ocean distress inks on my craft mat - sprayed water- swiped water paper through the colours and dried with a heat gun.  Stamped the flourish from Hero Arts onto the corners.  Stamped the butterflies, cut them out and adhered with foam pads.  Added ribbon and a little black pearls


 oops almost forgot,  added a little glitter to the butterflies and sprayed the card with Perfect Pearls mist.  Quite sexy hey Nige?

Water Based Distress
Same technique with this one - can't quite remember all the inks I used - mowed lawn, iced spruce and something else.....sorry.....stamped the butterfly and sentiment with archival black ink.  Die cut the flourishes and add with some pearls.

Double Embossing/Enamel Embossing

Last but definitely not least - I really love the look and feel of this card - It was done with the enamel embossing technique and/or double embossing

Did the same as the first two cards - swiped the ink pads on my craft sheet - ripe persimmon and Iced Spruce - sprayed water - swiped card stock through inks - covered it with clear embossing powder and set with a heat gun - enamel embossing

The Sizzix embossing folder was inked with Iced Spruced and the coloured card was embossed - double embossed.

Added a little trinket and sentiment and there you have it -  A real Male card :)

So get out your inks and lets get down to basics.

Thank you for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment