Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Artistic Envelope Challenge - Summer

You will recall that a few months back Rosemarie hosted the Winter and then the Spring Envelope Challenge which I thoroughly enjoyed. The next one was Summer.

I wanted a beach theme - so decided on something at the beach, maybe a lighthouse, fish anything to do with the ocean. My critic at home - my mother - said that all these things are there during the year and not just summer... that put a stop on the whole ocean scene.

I played around with the summer stamps and the next one that came up was one of the fat ladies lying on the beach in a bikini.  I however just couldn't get the stamp to work for me. 

Eventually I had 6 stamps to make up my summer envelope.  This is South Africa after all and what do we do best - Braai with a drink and a worsie

Roll Drum Please .........!

            
I think my envelope perfectly describes a South African Summer - a choppie on the braai (well in this case a worsie) a nice cold drink and bees and butterflies all over.  Couldn't find any ants - sorry.    All in all  a perfect summer's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment