Its also been very cold which didn't help much with a sore mouth.... and also it has affected my speech to the joy of my family who believes I have a very BIG Mouth and so the house has been very quiet for a whole week....
So instead of going to the dentist today I went to Niki Zipp at Paperchain and got myself a new mask template to play with.
I have these A4 hard cover note books that I use when seeing my clients and wanted to cover them a little bit different...
For the first notebook I used sticky back canvas from Claudine Hellmuth, a Template mask from The Crafters workshop, Cranberry and Butterscotch Color wash, Gold Acrylic Paint Dabber from Adirondack, Sunflower sparkle Perfect peal mists and last but not least the Glue 'n Seal from Ranger. All my "stuff" were obviously bought at Paperchain....I just love this little shop.
![]() |
| Spray Cranberry Color Wash onto the canvas |
![]() |
| Spray Butterscotch Color Wash |
![]() |
| ...and again Cranberry and Butterscotch until the canvas is completely covered to your liking |
Spray the Perfect Pearls Mist over the template until all "holes" are completely covered and you can see the gold on the cranberry canvas.
Let the canvas dry before carrying on. I'm not sure whether I can use a Heat Tool to dry.... I'm sure you can, but I have all the patience in the world - and went to the casino on Facebook to play some slot machines and then onto Pinterest for some pinning therapy.... whilst waiting for the canvas to dry.....I know I am an addict on both sites- the good thing is I don't play with real money so no harm is done at the casino and I get very good ideas from Pinterest....so all is well :)
As soon as the Canvas is dry remove the backing paper from the Canvas and cover the notebook and cut to size. Once the canvas dried I noticed quite a few dead spots - so please make sure that the canvas is completely covered with the color wash. I didn't like the red spine with the canvas so painted it with the Gold Acrylic Dabber. Not sure I like the colors very much but like they say practice makes perfect...
For the second notebook, I used Velvet Scrapbook paper. This was much quicker and a lot cleaner.
I used the Glue 'n Seal brush and covered the notebook with some glue - I always get nervous when applying glue on a "big" surface because I always have the fear of the glue drying up before I can stick whatever I need to....so I tend to work very quickly....I must look like a total idiot doing this...lol...a good thing I'm alone most of the time.... :)
![]() |
| Glue the covers of the notebook with Glue 'n Seal |
Place the scrapbook paper onto the book covers.
Make sure there are no creases....says she that had so many....lol
Do exactly the same with the back cover and cut down to size. I really like the covers and it looks like the fancy notebooks you can get at CNA. I have 6 other notebooks and will definitely do this again with different colors.
I hope you enjoyed visiting my circus and hopefully I will have more to share soon. Keep warm.











No comments:
Post a Comment