I love glitter or rather seeing the glitter finishes on art projects - but must admit I didn't really enjoy this technique because somehow my fat fingers just wouldn't allow the glitter to fall where I wanted them to.
We had so many laughs in this class because something so simple just got the better of me... The glitter was just all over the place and not where I wanted it!!! Just shows maybe it's because Im not a girly girl and glitter is soooo girlllyyy....LOL
Normally you can do 3 to 4 cards in one class for each technique but in my case I attempted 2 - 1 of which went to file 13 - and the 2nd one I kept just to remind me how to do it. I must however admit that Niki helped me more than usual to finish this card.
![]() |
| 2nd attempt -with glitter |
Same as the gold leaf - stamp your favorite stamp with the sticky embossing powder, however I think - when using glitter use a solid stamp and one with very little detail.
Apply the glitter from outside inwards - especially when using different colours. It will be much easier if you apply a stamp that only requires one colour - you won't have to focus on how much and how little you want where...
The card came out better than I expected but would not have been able to do it without the help of the teacher. I suppose practice makes perfect. Who knows you might see another glitter sticky stuff card here soon without any assistance.... or maybe just a one colour glitter image...

No comments:
Post a Comment